Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa Anxiety.

Okay, I've completely put blogging to the end of my to do lists and half the time the other things do not get accomplished so that would be why its been more that 6 months since I've updated this baby.

The girls are very excited for Christmas, Jesus' birthday and the present opening to get here but as far as Mr. Clause himself there is a little bit of anxiety Gracey Mae has about the whole ordeal which has rubbed off on her little sister just a bit. Gracey has never even gotten 5 ft. from Santa before flipping and even though she doesn't cry now the "earmuffs" (her hands) go over her ears. We've heard Santa's sleigh bells a few times and even witnessed him our in our driveway and every time Gracey goes running with her earmuffs on and Nelley follows her with a scream. :) Poor Santa, not sure what you have done but I hope you are loved after this Christmas has passed.
A few years back Aunt Sherie gave us a Magical Santa Key to hang on the door handle so he can come through the front door (since we don't have a fire place of course!). While decorating our house the girls were helping me pull things out of the totes and Gracey pulled out the key and asked "Mom what is this sparkley key for?" I then told her that is how Santa will get in to deliver the presents on Christmas Eve. She replied "I don't like it, I don't want Santa to come in our house". I then told her she needed to be nice to Santa Clause because he knows when little girls are being naughty or nice and she said "then do I have to touch him, Mom?"
Jeeze laweeze.. :) she's probably going to need something to help her sleep on Christmas Eve.

Below is a picture of Nelley with SANTA! She had a Grammy-Mommy shopping day while big sister was at school. She gave Santa a high five and before we knew it she was on his lap listening to him read her a book! Of course we couldn't wait to get home and show big sister Gracey what a big girl Nelley was for sitting on his lap! Gracey just looked a the picture with big eyes and said "GOOD GIRL Nelley! " :)



Hope everyone has a safe and blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!
 ..By the way my new years resolution is to keep up on my blogging... after the rest of my list is done of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment