Tuesday, June 1, 2010

nelley jae turns 1!


Wow how fast a year can go! On the 26th our baby Nelley turned 1 year old! Its crazy, she still seems like a 9 month old to me :) well she is a little behind on the big one year old stuff like...
-she doesn't like a sippy cup and is clueless on how to suck on it :)
-she does pretty good with "real people food" but baby food she dislikes.
-she's a little chicken when it comes to walking, as long as she has a finger she does just fine.
-theres still only one bottle nipple she'll take otherwise she likes momma the best.
-she only has 2 toofers on the bottom and doesn't act like she'll be getting any more for awhile...
-oh and the fact that she is wearing gracey's 1st pair of nikes that gracey wore at 3 months!
well, she's just our little "newborn" and thats okay with us! we don't want her growing up too fast!

We celebrated all day with a pink cake, "pupcakes", family, friends and presents of course!
Casey and I were remembering back on the pitocin-epidural-7 hours of labor and in 5 minutes of pushing she was here! Dark eyes and all! I believe she had more hair when she was born than she does now!

Things are very different when you have your second, I know alot of mom's would agree.. you don't have your environment so sterile, you don't go as "clothes crazy" (well I kinda have an obsession with dressing them the same or coordinating, so that requires some shopping). you let them cry more :) you use all the hand me down used things with your second, I haven't been as good with writing down the mile stones. I haven't read a "baby how to book" or a "what do you do when book" with this one, it's just like I have more of a laid back whatever happens, happens attitude. And even sometimes I feel like I'm concentrating so much on Gracey and the firsts that she is going through that Nelley just gets thrown on my hip and somewhat ignored :) she's a pretty laid back baby and hasn't seemed to mind so far!

happy birthday nelley!



nelley's first time having sugar! :S

she wasn't too interested in the cake..


but gracey was!

notice the wrapping paper, see I told you things are different with the 2nd!

yum yum!

yay for birthdays!

No comments:

Post a Comment