Sunday, January 2, 2011

nap time

After working my weekend rotation at the hospital I came through the door and the house was quite. A good sign the girls were napping (daddy too) so I took my shoes off, headed for the bathroom then to the kitchen for a snack. Next thing I knew Gracey's door opened and there she stood in one of her crazy dress up outfits and her wild long hair all over the place. I asked what she was doing and if she was supposed to be napping. (If you don't know Gracey I sometimes think she's allegeric to sleep. Its usually a big rig-a-ma-role to get her settled in and It usually requires me getting very upset and laying down the law) So we headed back to her room, I got her all tucked in and the shades pulled and she says "Mom will you start my movie over?" ..No Gracey, you shouldn't be watching a movie anyways it's your nap time, now no getting up this time or you will be in trouble.. "Mom" ..yes Gracey.. "Will you turn the movie up so I can hear it?" No Gracey you should listen to music instead, now close your eyes and try to fall asleep. "Mom?" ..what.. "Mom, then I can't see my movie if I close my eyes."

So much for nap time around here!


No comments:

Post a Comment