Sunday, March 14, 2010

fevers, ear aches and sleep deprivation!

In about 5 days both of our little girls will be under anesthesia getting tubes placed in their little ears and because this is Gracey's 3rd set of tubes they will be removing her adenoids also. Thank goodness! :) after many trips to the pediatrician and ENT we are glad that this will soon be over and we can work on Gracey's hearing/speech and Nelley's night time habits :)
They both are on a pretty high dose of antibiotics to help ease the "bulging infection" for the time being, but Casey and I are excited to see the outcome of the surgery (sleeeeeeeep). Besides the poor little things have got to be in alot of pain. ..and in Gracey's words Dr. Wellendorf will "make it alllll better".
I also had bad ears, I had what they called "silent ear infections" where I showed no sign of pain, fever or illness, they finally figured it out when my Aunt Sherie kept me over night while my little brother Jeremiah was being born. Sherie told my Mom that she didn't think I could hear and sure enough after a trip to good old Dr. Crawford they figured out I was reading lips. After the myringotomy in the recovery room I guess I said to Mom & Dad "look, big bird talks". So it looks like the girls inherited my good ear genes. :)
Even though it will be a scary and a sad experience for Gracey and Nelley we know that it's in God's hands and we can trust in Him... Oh and lets pray the "daddy hospital anxiety" goes okay too!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Casey and I want to thank everyone for the extra prayers for this new path that God is about to take us on. It may be "scary and un-known" at the moment but there is one thing that is always assuring and brings comfort.. God's word.
The Bible is an endless supply of encouraging truth and everyone needs a little bit of encouragement from time to time, right?! Thank goodness we have the Bible to look to and use as our ultimate source of encouraging words. Even in the midst of our "tough times" we can remain hopeful and encouraged if we keep trusting in God. Lets put it this way... The more we all soak up the truth of God's word and pray about it, the more assured we become that He is going to take care of us.

Isaiah 41:10~
'Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'

No comments:

Post a Comment